The Macon Area Chamber of Commerce provides transportation within the city limits of Macon.
This is a demand response service available Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 2:30pm on a first come first served basis. A $2 fare is asked for this service, we can take you to do shopping, club meetings, a beauty appointment or to do your banking. Call our office at 660.385.2811 to schedule or if you have any questions.
Notifying the Public of Rights under Title VI
The Macon Area Chamber of Commerce posts Title VI notices on our agency’s website, in public areas of our agency, and on our buses and/or paratransit vehicles. The Macon Area Chamber of Commerce operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
If you believe you have been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by the Macon Area Chamber of Commerce, you may file a Title VI complaint by completing, signing, and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form.
How to file a Title VI complaint with Macon Area Chamber of Commerce:
1. Complaint Forms may be obtain from the Chamber of Commerce located at 119 N. Rollins Street in Macon, Missouri or the City of Macon located at 106 W. Bourke Street in Macon, Missouri
2. In addition to the complaint process at the Macon Area Chamber of Commerce, complaints may be filed directly with the Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights, Region 7,901 Locust Street, Suite 404 Kansas City, Missouri 64106.
3. Complaints must be filed within 180 days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence and should contain as much detailed information about the alleged discrimination as possible.
4. The form must be signed and dated, and include your contact information.
If information is needed in another language, contact 660-385-2811.
Questions concerning the Macon Area Chamber of Commerce Title VI plan may be address by contacting the Macon Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director in person at 119 N. Rollins Street in Macon, Missouri or calling 660-385-2811 Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm.
Macon Area Chamber of Commerce TITLE VI COMPLAINT FORM
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” If you feel that you have been discriminated against in the provision of transportation services, please provide the following information to assist us in processing your complaint. Should you require any assistance in completing this form or need information in alternate formats, please let us know.
Please mail or return this form to: Director – Macon Area Chamber of Commerce
119 N. Rollins Macon, MO 63552
firstname.lastname@example.org and fax number 660-385-6543
1. Complainant’s Name:_____________________________ Address:________________________ City:________________________ State:__________ Zip Code:_________
Telephone (include area code): Home ( ) or Cell ( ) Work ( )
Electronic mail (e-mail) address: _______________________________________________
Do you prefer to be contacted by this e-mail address? ( ) YES ( ) NO
2. Accessible Format of Form Needed? ( ) YES specify:_________________________ ( ) NO
3. Are you filing this complaint on your own behalf? ( ) YES If YES, please go to question 7.
( ) NO If no, please go to question 4
4. If you answered NO to question 3 above, please provide your name and address.
a. Name of Person Filing Complaint:
c. City: State: Zipcode:
d. Telephone (include area code): Home ( ) or Cell ( ) Work ( )
e. Electronic mail (e-mail) address: _______________________________________________
Do you prefer to be contacted by this e-mail address? ( ) YES ( ) NO
5. What is your relationship to the person for whom you are filing the complaint?
6. Please confirm that you have obtained the permission of the aggrieved party if you are filing on behalf of a third party. ( ) YES, I have permission. ( ) NO, I do not have permission.
7. I believe that the discrimination I experienced was based on (check all that apply):
( ) Race ( ) Color ( ) National Origin (classes protected by Title VI) ( ) Other (please specify)
8. Date of Alleged Discrimination (Month, Day, Year):
9. Where did the Alleged Discrimination take place?
10. Explain as clearly as possible what happened and why you believe that you were discriminated against. Describe all of the persons that were involved. Include the name and contact information of the person(s) who discriminated against you (if known). Use the back of this form or separate pages if additional space is required.
11. Please list any and all witnesses’ names and phone numbers/contact information. Use the back of this form or separate pages if additional space is required.
12. What type of corrective action would you like to see taken?
13. Have you filed a complaint with any other Federal, State, or local agency, or with any Federal or State court? ( ) YES If yes, check all that apply. ( ) NO
a. ( ) Federal Agency (List agency’s name)
b. ( ) Federal Court (Please provide location)
c. ( ) State Court
d. ( ) State Agency (Specify Agency)
e. ( ) County Court (Specify Court and County)
f. ( ) Local Agency (Specify Agency)
14. If YES to question 14 above, please provide information about a contact person at the agency/court where the complaint was filed.
Agency: Telephone: ( ) -
City: State: Zip Code:
You may attach any written materials or other information that you think is relevant to your complaint.
Signature and date is required:
Signature ______________________________________ Date ______________________________
If you completed Questions 4, 5 and 6, your signature and date is required:
Signature _______________________________________ Date ______________________________
Macon Area Chamber of Commerce ADA POLICY
Accessibility – Macon Area Chamber of Commerce service is accessible to persons with disabilities. Macon Area Chamber of Commerce contracted through OATS, Inc. buses and vans are equipped with wheelchair lifts or ramps that enable persons in wheelchairs or persons who cannot navigate steps to ride the bus. Operators are trained to assist riders use lifts and ramps, and secure wheelchairs. You may travel with your respirator, concentrator, and portable oxygen. Service animals are welcome on board buses and vans and in our facilities. Public information is available in alternative formats upon request.
Reasonable Modification Policy – Passengers with disabilities may request modifications to current service procedures to access the service. To make a request, please call us at 660-385-2811or email us at email@example.com . Please submit requests at least the day before the trip. Macon Area Chamber of Commerce will not charge additional fees for passengers requiring reasonable modifications.
ADA Complaints – If you have a complaint about the accessibility of our transit system or service, or believe you have been discriminated against because of your disability, you can file a complaint. Click www.maconmochamber.com for the complaints procedures and form. Please provide all facts and circumstances surrounding your issue or complaint so we can fully investigate the incident. If you are unable to complete a written complaint due to a disability or if information is needed in another language we can assist you. Please contact us at 660-385-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org .